iPhone has introduced several innovative ways by which a phone can be put to use. iPhone users can play games, surf the Internet and access webmail by just taping the screen. The email appears on iPhone within moments of tapping and people can access their email inbox from any place. It is very easy to set up webmail access on your iPhone by following the tips given below.
- How to add Accounts?
Many email service providers allow you access email through iPhone. However, you are required to setup a webmail account on the iPhone. You can setup a webmail account on iPhone by following the given steps
- Tap the settings on the main screen on iPhone
- Tap on “Mail” and click on option: Add an Account”
- Type your account name (type of account)
- Accessing webmail through IMAP
Using IMAP helps, as the messages you receive is in different format, which is more readable in iPhone. From iPhone home screen, tap “Settings”
- Click “Mail”. Then “Add Account” under the Accounts section. Choose “Other” and then select “IMAP”.
- Enter name under “Name” Field
- Type you complete email address under “Address” field.
- Enter “Password” in password field.
- Enter custom description for your email
- Tap “Save”
- Now click “Advanced”
- Select “Server” and then deleted messages under sent mailbox
- Also select “Trash mail under deleted mailbox
10. Ensure Incoming SSL and Outgoing SSL is on
11. Verify “Password” under Authentication
12. Click “Save”
- How to setup multiple accounts on iPhone?
You can access multiple accounts from iPhone. However, setting multiple accounts on iPhone is not easy. You can set up a POP or IMAP account by clicking the “others” tab. You are required to tap address field under the PP account or IMAP account settings. Then, tap “Select All” under the menu and tap on “Cut”
In “description” field, enter custom account description for the account. Note down the description, as you will need it. Then, tap on “select all” under the menu choices. You need to click on description field one more time, and select ‘paste’ under the menu choices. You need to enter each email address you want to use. (Separate each email address with comma)
You need to tap on the description field and hit “select all” under the menu again. From the menu select “cut” and tap anywhere in the field. From popup menu, select “paste”. After, you have finished all the above-mentioned steps. Click the “Home” button.
- Streaming Webmail
After webmail is setup on the iPhone, you need to look for options for reducing time you spend to check email… ActiveSync support enables you to receive notifications instantly when messages arrive in your inbox. Having this feature minimizes the time you spend time checking your email.