mail2web.com Email Hosting Services

BBM Application For Android and iPhone: What Are The Rumors?

by Ozgur on April 19, 2011

Anyone who carries a mobile device of any type has chatting and instant texting capabilities. This includes, of course, phones, iPods, electronic mobile devices, and many other mobile Internet pieces. It will not be long before Internet will come standard on all electronics. The one problem we have been faced with is the lack of instant communication between friends who carry a BlackBerry, iPhone, and Android device. While there have been free apps created that allow texting, videos, and photo capabilities between the three devices, BlackBerry is about to release the BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) application for better communication from the original instant messaging texting application.

While this application is free for BlackBerry devices and comes as a standard preload on BlackBerry devices, it has been said BlackBerry may want iPhone and Android users to purchase the app via a one time fee. The instant messaging application on a BlackBerry makes it easy for the sender to know if the receiver has received the message. Even better, the sender is alerted when the receiver has read the message. There is no more wondering if your message went through or not!

Also rumored is that BlackBerry will only be making a basic version for Android and iPhone users. While BlackBerry users can send text, video, and photos, other platforms will only be allowed to send and receive text.

Imagine the next time you want to join a discussion with your BlackBerry friends on your iPhone. When you start the conversation, your friends will be absolutely thrilled to have you become a part of their world. Hopefully, these rumors will circulate into truth very quickly so that what you have read turns from rumor to fun with other friends.

Though instant communication through texting and instant messaging on the go via your mobile device provides many advantages to the entire world, it is not all greatness or peaches and cream. Communication, which includes the ability to send information to other users with the same type of device to friends, family, and others, there are limitations and disadvantages to mobile chatting. The ability to talk to friends and business colleagues from anywhere, accessed by a mobile device of any kind, may be over shadowed by the limitations it holds. However, newer phones such as the iPhone and those using the Android will find they can overcome some of these restrictions. With BBM become available to other platforms, it will open up a whole new way of keeping in touch.

{ 8 comments }

CocoaB April 20, 2011 at 3:33 AM

It’s about time the walls came down between iPhone and BlackBerry and other users. We need to be able to communicate with everyone as fast as possible these days.

TeamTimmy April 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Only trouble with this is, whenever I didn’t feel like responding to a text from a different phone user, I could always pretend I never got it.

FieldODreams April 20, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I have a feeling these rumors are all true. Certainly, this kind of system would benefit all companies involved.

Silverghost April 27, 2011 at 10:13 PM

The only “cool factor” a blackberry has going for it these days is the BBM. If you think about it, even a teenager (not that I am very old :p) who doesn’t give a damn about corporate emails and security, would only buy a business phone like a bb just for its bbm. And right now bbm is a rage. I dont think RIM would risk having their usp float around on other platforms. No pictures or not.

I used to be on a bb, but now moved to android on a google nexus S, a few days ago and couldn’t ask for a better phone, but I also thoroughly miss my bbm’ing.

Eric June 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM

“Imagine the next time you want to join a discussion with your BlackBerry friends on your iPhone. When you start the conversation, your friends will be absolutely thrilled to have you become a part of their world.”

What friends?

bbmforandroid July 8, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Believe it or not, people actually like the BlackBerry OS. I love the little things like getting my mail instantly instead of having to wait every 15 minutes or so on my old iPhone. I like the LED light, I like how the ringtone and vibrate customizations work. I love the keyboard. I love how easy it is to do stuff on it. I like how it does multitasking.

beth July 24, 2011 at 6:10 AM

I love BBM. It’s more convinient for people to comummunicate with rach other if the rumors come true.

Matt October 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM

You wouldn’t see smoke without fire. I say its smoking now, sooner or later we will see the real fire. More profit for RIM and more profit for stock holders.

Previous post: The New and Improved T-Mobile Sidekick 4G

Next post: ARCHOS Tablets

Call us at 1-877-MAIL2WEB to get push email on your iPhone, BlackBerry or Windows Mobile Phone.
Microsoft Gold PartnerBlackBerry AllianceClick to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report. RatePoint Site Seal
Website Hosting and Domain Hosting Email Hosting Services, Pick Up Your Email
© 2010 SoftCom Inc. All rights reserved.