Norton security software 2011 products are the most well-known in the world. The name is synonymous with Internet security and the company has innovated many of the features that other products try to emulate. For professional and business users, Norton is one of the names that generally appear first on the list. Over the years, even for individual users, a Norton-protected system that becomes infected has been a rare sight.
Norton’s anti-virus and security software products come with some of the most professional support in the industry. If you want to talk to them on the phone, they’re available. If you’d rather communicate with support via text or email, they handle that, too. Their company does a lot of business with enterprise clients, so businesses don’t have to worry that they’re using anything but a professional product when they install a Norton program.
Norton’s security software programs have become increasingly easy to use over the years, but haven’t lost their techie edge. For everyday users, the program will let you know something threatened you, that it was detected and removed. More advanced users can dig more deeply into the information the program provides about infections and won’t find any lack of detail.
Norton is a trusted name in security software that is designed for serious users. It comes in several different versions and the support offerings are enough to ensure that business or individual clients are never left without a plan if something comes up with the software. Most of the software’s suggestions to fix common problems have also proven themselves to be useful and effective.
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) /Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Support for Antispam
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Browser Plug-In Support
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 or later (32-bit only)
- Mozilla® Firefox® 3.0 and later (32-bit only)