Activating BlackBerry Enterprise Service
From mail2web.com Wiki
To activate the BlackBerry Enterprise Service for your device, your Account Administrator or Director will need to log into the support.mail2web.com Control Panel to sign up for the service. Once your BES service has been activated you will be presented with a page that contains both activation instructions as well as your activation password. The instructions and password will also be sent to the Administrator's email address.
From the BlackBerry home screen select the “Enterprise Activation” icon. If you do not see this icon, go to “Options” and then select “Advanced Options” and finally “Enterprise Activation”.
You will then be prompted to enter your Exchange Email address along with the Enterprise Activation password you were given when you signed up for the BlackBerry Service. Then click the trackweel or trackball and select “Activate”.
Your BlackBerry Enterprise Service will then begin to activate. It will take a number of minutes to enable and download everything over the air to your BlackBerry device.
When activation is complete you will see an alert on your device. Click on “OK” to finalize the activation and begin using your BlackBerry Service.
All mobile devices manufactured by RIM are supported on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service. You must be a subscriber of the mail2web.com Business Exchange email services to activate our BES Service.
System requirements include:
- Currently supported handhelds, including all BlackBerry devices.
- BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data/airtime subscription from a Wireless Service Provider with support for BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES)
- Features such as wireless contact synchronization, HTML Email, Document Search, Documents To Go and other advanced features require a BlackBerry device with upgraded firmware. mail2web.com does not provide support or software for device firmware updates. Please contact your service provider for updates.
If you are having trouble activating your BlackBerry under our service, please try one of the following suggestions:
- The enterprise activation password is only valid for 48 hours from the time it is set. If you have waited more than 48 hours, before activating your handheld, please request a new password from the control panel.
- Make sure to enter your email address and password correctly under Enterprise Activation.
- Make sure your Wireless radio is On (it is on the Home screen) and you have network coverage by your wireless operator.
After checking these, please try again.
Old Items Appear During Activation
During the activation process, the Blackberry Enterprise Server will pre-populate emails from last 5 days, up to 200 messages, by default.