How Does mail2web Work?
From mail2web.com Wiki
How does mail2web.com work?
Answer: The following are steps taken in a typical mail2web.com session:
- The user enters his or her email address and password.
- mail2web.com extracts the user's mail server details from the email address by using an intelligent algorithm.
- mail2web.com logs on to the mail server where the user account resides and gets the messages in the user's mailbox (users of IMAP4, or those using a WAP or PDA device should log in using the Advanced Login option from the main page).
- mail2web.com formats (and encrypts if using the SSL version of the interface) this information and sends it back to the user to be displayed in a web-based interface.
- Once the user is finished reading or writing new mail, she or he logs off and mail2web.com forgets all information entered in that session.
mail2web.com does not move any of your email. It simply allows you to view your email from any host server, anywhere in the world. However you decide to view your messages, they still remain waiting to be downloaded when you use your regular email program (unless you use mail2web.com's delete command, or if your email server is configured to delete a message once it has been viewed a single time; consult [Article.asp?url=Documents%2Fbasics%2Fwhat%2520happens%2520when%2520i%2520delete%2520my%2520mail%2Ehtml&Category=Basics this link] for more information).