PST Import Process
From mail2web.com Wiki
mail2web Mobile Email customers can export their .pst file locally and import it to their account from the Control Panel. This feature is located under "My Email Settings" in the Import .pst Files or Contacts section. mail2web Mobile Email Pro users can also use this feature, as well as importing their .pst file directly using Outlook.
Please note that before you can use the Import .pst Files or Contacts feature you must first export your .pst file in Outlook 97-2002 format. This can be completed either by completing the export from that version of Outlook, or if you are using Outlook 2003/2007 by following these instructions:
- From the "File" menu, select "New" and click on "Outlook Data File".
- Select "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst)" and click "OK".
- Choose the location and name of the file. You'll want to save it somewhere that will be easy to find later. Click "OK".
- In the "Name" field, type a display name for the .pst file. Do not add a password or the import program will not be able to read your file. Click "OK".
- In your Mail Folders, you should now see a Data File with the "Name" you specified in step 4.
- From the "File" menu, select "Import and Export".
- Select "Export to a file" and click "Next".
- Select "Personal Folder File (.pst)" and click "Next"
- Select the Folders, Sub-Folders and Items you want to export, and then click "Next"
- In the "Save exported file as" field, select the path and name of the file you created in step 3 and then click "Finish".
- You may notice an alert box indicating that the .pst file does not support Unicode. Click "OK" to finish the export.